My Wife "enjoyed surgery" and I Went on a Four Mile Hike.




     My wife had surgery today at Saratoga Hospital. It was supposed to be done long ago but got put off due to the Covid-19. I had to take her up Sunday for a Covid test before the surgery, the go back up Tuesday to get her arm mapped - and get a second covid-19 test because they changed labs! The surgery was supposed to be at 8:15, but they moved it to 6:15, so this morning we got up at 4:10 AM to get up there by 6:15. Usually I would stay with her and be there when she got out, but I wasn't allowed in the hospital, so had planned to go on a hike, though it was rather cold so I decided to go home and come back later, but when I drove by the Bog Meadow Brook  trailhead the sun was bright and things looked beautiful, so I stopped and went hiking anyway. The start of the trail was easy and smooth. The light was beautiful, so I took a lot of photos!


Bog Meadow Brook Trail
Bog Meadow Brook Trail at the Beginning


Ted on the Bog Meadow Brook Trail
Photo by Mr. Selftimer and Mrs. Tripod

Signage to Explain Things
      Soon I came to a bridge:

Trail Bridge
Originally a railroad Bridge

Here we were approaching a pond


Ted Photobombing the Scenery Again!


The Pond. House beyond raising smoke.

Heron in the Pond.

I actually took the heron on the way back with my cellphone, so it is blurry.

Beyond the Bridge the Trail Gets Rougher


Ted Photobombing yet Again!

Walking the Old Ties was more Difficult

This sign explains that the Railroad carried passengers from
downtown Saratoga Springs to Saratoga Lake and back.
It was built in the 1880's, stopped operating in 1933, and was torn up in 1957.


Here I am passing the halfway mark!

This must have blown over in the high winds when the Tornado hit Wilton the other night.


Taken from side trail at the 1.5 mile mark. I am going on to Meadow Brook Street.



A small beaver dam.


     Approaching Meadow Brook Street the railbed got damper and there was a lot of boardwalk. Three deer crossed the trail in front of me here, but we were all so startled I didn't get a photo.




There were a pair of ducks living right next to the trail


Ferns

Old signpost in middle of nowhere

Parking Lot

     And finally I reached the parking lot at the far end of the trail and turned around for the two mile walk back!

     After returning to the car I hesitatingly went to Wilton Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. It wasn't bad. There weren't too many people, everyone kept the maximum possible distance from others, and all wore masks. Just as I got into the car to leave there, the surgeon called to tell me my wife's surgery went well and I could pick her up in about an hour. So I returned to the hospital and waited. We were home by noon. She is a bit sore, of course! So am I after walking about 5 miles. My heel is so sore I can hardly hobble around.

     Another strange day in our strange new world!

Comments

Popular Posts