Early Mud Season

Being as I had to get some paperwork in to the County soon, I left home about 9:30 with Lucy and drove the 35 miles to Fort Edward in the rain. I took my camera and got some photos of the countryside in the dismal weather as all the snow melted off and the fields turned to mud.

North of Cambridge I stopped on a big hill and took some photos back down the valley.




Driving on to Greenwich, I then took Rt. 40 north. There was more snow in this area and it got very foggy. In Argyle I could barely see the road, but as I got nearer Fort Edward the snow and fog lessened.



In Fort Edward there was about the same amount of snow left as at home. I got to the County Building, parked, dropped off my papers, and walked over to the Historians Office and records room and did some research for my job as Town Historian. It was noon before I got out of there!


I came back by Route 4 along the Hudson, which was very high. I took a few photos while driving along the river and canal.


I turned off Rt. 4 onto 77 (Bald Mountain Road). Stopped and took one photo along there. It was raining hard, cold, and miserable.


Got to Greenwich and went on home. There was even less snow left when I arrived than when I left. Lucy was glad to get home. Spent the afternoon working on what little information I found out and writing this. Town Board Meeting tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts