A Three Mile Walk in the Cold

I took Lucy out this afternoon on our first three-mile walk in awhile. The thermometer said it was 40 deg. F, but in the wind it felt more like 10.

In a few weeks this pond will be bursting with life!
On the way out we were facing into the wind, which made it feel even colder.

I saw a few crows, but nothing else today. People have said the redwinged blackbirds are back, but there weren't any visible, nor did I hear any birds. Even the crows flew over silently.

The sun reflected off the crust of the snow
Andrews Road was still largely frozen, so the mud wasn't as bad as I expected. Lucy got a bit on her feet, but it brushed right off when we got home.

The sun was casting shadows.

In spite of the warmer week in the forecast, there is little sign of Spring yet! No birds, no pussy willows budding out. This year I'll be glad when the winter is over!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts