Arrival of the Drones?

It was very cold last night, (only 7 deg. F when I got up this morning), but I spent a few minutes outside with the binoculars last night looking for the drones that have been reportedly hovering over White Creek recently. I believe I did see two, one to the south of me heading towards Vermont (but not on a heading for the Bennington airport), and one coming west from Vermont to the north of me. They were too high to make out much but the lights, but they didn't fly like ordinary small planes, and I couldn't hear them. We are right under the main Washington to London and Paris air route, but those jets fly really high and these lights appeared much brighter and lower. Still, I admit I could have been deceived.

Those who have seen them closer up (they seem to hover over the area west of Round Hill and south of Mt. Tom - where the aircraft beacon is, or between Post Corners and Delevan Road), say they are about 5 feet in diameter and powered by an engine which can be heard and sounds like a lawn mower, not an electric motor. They have been observed hovering for up to two hours, so these are NOT ordinary electric drones, which are much smaller and have a maximum total flight time of 20 - 30 minutes. Plus civilian drones require line-of-sight control.

Reportedly it looks something like this one:

But this one doesn't have the range and is electric.

It was too cold to stand around for long and see more, and tonight is supposed to be a snowstorm, so I doubt they will be flying. The question is whose are they and why are they hovering over rural White Creek.

Comments

Popular Posts