New Year's Day 2019

Yesterday I rode along with my wife to Albany by van to get her leg checked out by one of the the surgeons. It is doing well, but will be awhile yet before she can put weight on it. Looking at the x-rays, she has enough hardware inside her - plates, wires, and screws - to trip the metal detectors anywhere in the world!

Thank the Lord we won the appeal to the insurance company attempt to kick her out of rehab on a two day notice (on a holiday weekend) because she "wasn't making progress quickly enough". She won't make much until she can put weight on the leg! Neither can she function at home in our small mobile home.

I foolishly accepted a daughter's invitation to eat with them and binge-watch Die Hard movies until the ball dropped! By the time we got through "Die Hard With a Vengeance" my eyes were killing me and I had a bad headache, so we quit and I zoned out on the couch for the last half-hour, until nearly midnight. Then we watched the last ten minutes before the ball dropped, but the TV camera was so far away from the ball that I could barely make it out. It was pouring rain, both in NYC and here.

It was still raining when I came home, and the dog, cat, and I went quickly to bed. I slept until 8 am and woke to a roaring wind and dropping temperature. I ate breakfast alone (burned pancake and bacon) and processed a couple photos I took during the last two days using RawTherapee and Gimp 2.10:



Now I need to get the last four days of dishes washed up and start on some work here to get the place ready for when Kathy does come home.

Comments

Popular Posts