Where I have been

I haven't done much posting here in the last couple of years.

My wife passed on to be with the Lord on July 18, 2024, 9 days after celebrating our joint birthday of July 9 and 13 days after our 55th anniversary on June 29th.

We already had a family reunion setup for August 11 at Lake Lauderdale, so we held a Memorial Service the next day so many could make it without an extra trip, as the family is very spread out.

I did manage to put up some posts after that, and in 2025.

This year I spent trying to sort out stuff at my place in White Creek and move into a room at my daughter's in Hoosick Falls. I put the Home Place up for sale. I expected I would have considerable time to sell it and move out, but it sold in 3 days for more than I was asking, so I ended up having to move in a big hurry. Stressful time.

Things are sort of settling into a routine. I am doing more historical research again, mostly online. Started doing landscape photography again. Been out camping two times, once alone except for Lucy on Memorial Day to Woodford State Park, where we got rained out. Once to Lake Bomoseen with the Grandsons, which was a lot of fun. I have one more reservation for Columbus Day, hopefully it is not too cold! I can no longer afford my own car, so can't go too far. Bought a used e-bike for under $100 early on this year and rebuilt it myself. Ride it occasionally (when it isn't raining!), but not too impressed with it. Not much assist on hills. I have a lot of sorting to do over the coming winter. Still busy with history, church, etc.

I am planning to visit my brother in California later in the year for a few weeks. Already have reservations for flying out - will be the first time I ever flew commercial, though I have flown in small planes. Maybe if possible come back by train and see the Rockies and western America. I will be taking a camera. My photos are usually put up on Flickr.

Check back for more posts and updates.

Ted

  1. Facebook = www.facebook.com/ted.rice2 and Ted's Landscape Photography = https://www.facebook.com/t.ricelandscapephotography
  2. X (Twitter) = https://x.com/Ted21830738
  3. Substack = https://substack.com/@rhys12
  4. History = https://whitecreekhistorian.wordpress.com

Comments

Popular Posts