The "Free-File" Scam, Corporatism at Work.

 It isn't just Turbotax. I input all my information into two other services and got the same garbage. They have so many odd and unnecessary restrictions other than low income that just about everyone is disqualified from free filing. The whole thing is a scam, aided and abetted by the IRS which wants everyone to file electronically but won't set up their own system to do so, and in my case by New York State which REQUIRES you to file electronically but provides no free way to do so. I ended up paying $9.95 to a service I never heard of, far lower than the majors. Hopefully they won't sell my confidential information. This garbage needs to be stopped before next tax season. Corporatism needs to be stopped and a wall of separation erected between corporations and State.

https://www.propublica.org/article/ftc-sues-to-stop-deceptive-turbotax-free-ad-campaign

Comments

Popular Posts