Second and Last Camping Trip of 2020

 Columbus Day weekend has always been the time for our trip to Jamaica State Park in Jamaica, Vermont in recent years. This year we were in doubt because Washington County, NY didn't meet Vermont's criteria for staying in Vermont without quarantining, but at the last minute (Tuesday) we fell below the limit of 400/million in covid cases. Rensselaer County went the other way, so Slade couldn't go even though we now could! Today both Counties are over the limit! Washington at 419, Rensselaer at 646! The Lord answered prayer.

So just Kathy, I, and Lucy went on Saturday morning. Saturday was nice, and we sat around the campsite and took in the colors. I couldn't walk much because of my plantar fasciitis and Kathy had to use her scooter, but we did go around the park. 


They said it was full, but it seemed empty to us because they were only allowed to run at 70% capacity. I paid for the walk that night!

 


 

Ted getting in hammock

It rained during the night and got cooler. Kathy said there was thunder and lightning, but I slept through it. At least we didn't get another round of violent weather as they predicted! We hung around the campsite again Saturday. I read a book on my cell phone. 

We cooked over charcoal. 



By Sunday night it was much colder. We had a fire both nights, but appreciated this one more. I cooked marshmallows and made s'mores. 

Kathy watching the fire


We kept the camper heater on nearly all night and managed to keep it up to 60 deg. But it was so cold outside that I went out and cooked and Kathy ate inside. Then I did dishes and packed up and we left earlier than we expected to, getting home just after noon. Still, it was a good trip and we had a relaxing time.

It really is a lot more fun when the grandsons are along, though. And when you don't have to worry about the virus.

Comments

Popular Posts