Our 51st Anniversary

Looking closely, it seems new cases of Covid-19 and deaths from Covid-19 both hit new lows in New York during the last week - then started picking up again! It is really too early to tell, but if both continue to climb, we are going to be in real trouble. People are getting careless about masks and distancing.

I finished putting new front brake pads and rotors on the vehicle last night and this morning, but found a sticky piston on the left side, so had to order and run after a new caliper assembly. Although the brakes are working fine at present, I will have to change that as soon as I can. Then I have to do the rear brakes.

Also I swapped the seats on the bicycles. The mountain bike is easier for me to ride than my old 1979 Schwinn road bike, but the seat was uncomfortable so I swapped them. Haven't tried it out yet - the rain came in first.

We got take out from Publyk House in Bennington to celebrate our 51st anniversary. Ate it at "Rice's High Class Restaurant" in White Creek! It was good.

We were going to spend the night last year in the same camper we used back in 1969, but were unable to do so then, nor could we this year. Campsites are open, but we were too slow getting it out and ready.


The rain was welcome. We have been in a moderate drought. We didn't get much, but more is expected tomorrow afternoon.

Comments

Popular Posts