Walking Lucy in the Rain

     This afternoon I wanted to get out and walk and take some photos. Lucy hadn't been walked for several days. I looked at the weather forecast and it said "dry for the next 6 hours". The sun was coming out, so I grabbed a the Kodak C195 Larry gave me years ago, leashed Lucy, and we headed out on the 3 mile loop.

     The sky was rather dramatic at times, so I got some nice shots. Here is a tree with clouds behind:

Tree and Sky



     I got a nice panorama of Vermont from Andrews Road:
The Green Mountains from Andrews Road
     Looking to the west, it looked like a shower was building, but we went on anyways.
Shower Coming

     Looking northwest, it didn't look any more promising!

Clouds over Round Hill
     However, we went on and about a half mile further it began to rain. We managed to squeeze under a parked farm manure tanker just as the sky opened up. Managed to keep from getting soaked, but we both got damp - and smelly!

     Eventually, the rain let up and we went on. The road was rather wet!

Andrews Road
     I got another panorama to the west as it cleared off:

Panorama Looking West at Van Ness Hill
     A face in the clouds:

Face in the Clouds

     And several more photos of the next bank of clouds coming in over Round Hill. This one is about the best:

Clouds Over Round Hill
     We got in the door just as the skies opened up again. So much for the weather forecast! I dried off while processing these photos. Time to wash Lucy and get a hot shower in myself!

Comments

Popular Posts