Work Day

Yesterday some of the family came to help us get ready for winter. We finished scraping the old peeling roof tar off half of the mobile home roof (I did the other half two years ago) and re-tarred it. A messy job, but we managed not to get too dirty! We also got the coal bin repainted (with the sprayer they brought it only took about 15 minutes) and de-cluttered the garage and cleaned it up somewhat. At least I can walk through it now! Things went fast with all the help, which I am thankful for.

It was cold and windy, but far from as bad as they forecast it would be.

I also have the oil furnace and the backup coal stove ready to heat the place. Still have to get in some coal. The storm windows are mostly in - will finish them up today. The camper is ready to be put into storage - maybe this coming weekend.

Of course, there is always more to do! 

We did have to miss church, but Sunday was the only day everyone could come.

The mice seem to be moving in for the winter. Will put out some poison just for them today.

After 3 weeks of frustration, I finally got my good desktop computer back up and running with the new hard drive. Microsoft makes everything as hard as possible rather than as easy as possible, as they are so paranoid someone will steal a copy of Windows. Now it will devour our bandwidth for a month trying to update everything, as my last disk image was made back in March.

But, as winter approaches, it feels good to have so much done and I am grateful for it.

Comments

Popular Posts