A Better Day, though still cold.

Today was a pretty nice day. The sun actually was out most of the time. I got a lot of historian work done in the morning and then walked Lucy three miles. After lunch I took a nap, then went out and started cutting down and cutting up some trees that had started blowing over during the last storm and were leaning towards the mobile home. After doing that I used the blade on the weed whip to cut short the weeds and multi-flora rosebushes growing where the trees had fallen and chainsawed the stumps off close to the ground.



There is still a lot to do, but it looks a lot better. I do NOT really want a bigger lawn to mow, but do want to get the dying trees cut back away from the Mobile Home.

By the time I finished it was getting late and I still wanted to wash the car, so I put the tools away and ran out the hose and washed the dirt and salt off the car. I found the water filter had been leaking, so replaced that as well. The Jeep also needs washing, but that is for tomorrow!

Sat down and watched the news, a big mistake. It looks like we are getting involved in a major war for no reason. Does anyone think today? Why would Assad use chemical weapons – he is winning and wants us out of there. Trump just announced we were leaving and a couple of days later this happens, so we are now getting more involved. Nothing suspicious here at all!!! There is no proof Assad did it, (incidentally I am not an Assad fan), and others there have chemical weapons, too, but rather than investigate and find out the truth first we are preparing to launch missiles and Russia is preparing to respond. I would think people would have learned from the Iraq WMD propaganda, but no, we have to risk all out nuclear war in a place we can’t win long term and have no national interest at stake.

Guess I’ll spend the evening reading.

Comments

Popular Posts