Afternoon Road Trip

After spending the morning completing the digging up of the septic tank to have it pumped, (no problems, just past time to do it), I figured it was time to get away and take Kathy out to do something. Especially as I had already had my (pick and shovel) exercise for the day!😆

Kathy, Lucy and I drove up Rt. 22 through Cambridge to Rt. 29 and west to the Lake Cossayuna Road, then north to Carter's Pond Wildlife Management Area, which has a nice handicapped trail. I unpacked Kathy's scooter and assembled it, then she had fun running along the trail, with an assist by me on hills. I suggested hooking Lucy to the front, but Kathy didn't think that would be a good idea!

Kathy and Lucy

 It was a pleasant day and there were no noticeable insects. I took a few photos of the pond and a heron standing out there. It was the only wildlife we saw, apart from a flock of ducks and a robin.


Can you see the Heron?

























After we finished our short hike there we drove around Lake Cossayuna, over Riddle Road past the Owl Pen Bookstore, where we would have stopped if we didn't have Lucy along, and took a detour around Rexleigh Road on the way home, where I took a few photos of the 1874 Covered Bridge and the Marble Mill.

The Rexleigh Covered Bridge
Other end of the Rexleigh Bridge



The Rexleigh Marble Mill











There was a sign inside the Bridge
Closer View of the Marble Mill
warning of a ten dollar fine or jail time for jumping off the Bridge! I was SO tempted to jump, but restrained myself!





















We got home, I processed some of the photos and wrote this, then had supper. Time to watch the news, then vacuum out the car. It was a pleasant afternoon and a nice drive. God has given us some beautiful scenery.

Comments

Popular Posts