Sleep for a year?

My natural inclination in this weather was to stay home on New Year's eve and sleep for a year. However, our daughter and son-in-law got us down to their place and we watched movies all evening. The two youngest grandsons finally got so overactive they had to be put to bed, but the rest of us managed to stay awake long enough to watch the ball drop.

My happiest thought was that I was glad I was not standing in Times Square in these temperatures!

The Jeep barely started when we left for home, and we were just starting to get heat when we arrived. The 15-40 diesel oil I am running in it to keep the oil pressure up really doesn't help in these temperatures!

It was -10 F this morning when I got up and fed the cat, and -6 when we finally pried ourselves out of bed at 9 am. It is now 11:30 and I still haven't done anything (except surf the web and write this) or set foot outside.

Comments

Popular Posts