March Came in Like a Polar Bear!

     Single digit temperatures the last few mornings. Tonight is supposed to be the coldest yet, down to +2 deg. F. The thermometer says it is +22 deg. at 5:30 PM, but the wind is very high and it feels more like below zero weather. This never-ending cold weather is getting expensive. Our heating oil tank is already down to where it usually would be in late May. My daughter and son-in-law are scrambling to find more wood pellets, but those are being rationed. Today I passed a huge truckload of hay heading up into the "Crick". Some farmer is running short of feed.

     This is what things looked like at sunset last night:


     It looks much the same tonight. In a month or so some smarty pants climate change advocate will be calling February and March the "warmest on record"!!!

     My wife is still in rehab. I've been "batching it" for 3 1/2 months now. I got up at 5 AM and finished tiling the new bathroom floor by 5:45 AM this morning. Even after it sat all night, tile glue is nasty stuff! Now I have to install trim there and in the hallway. Then I have to re-frame and trim up a doorway I widened in another room and install a new door. It is hard to make doorways and hallways much larger in a small 50 year old mobile home! After that is completed she should be able to get around more easily when she comes home - whenever that may be! Orthopedics said today it would probably be another 6 months before her ankle is fully healed.



     Yesterday I went to a Lenten Luncheon in Hoosick Falls. I go at least once every year. This year it was the most crowded I have ever seen it. Literally almost "standing room only".

     Last Sunday I preached on "Holiness" at a local Assisted Living facility (I am on every 7 weeks or so). Few were there due to all the sickness around. The "stomach bug" has been hitting hard. So far I have been spared, thank God. The flu is still hitting hard locally, also.

     I spent a number of hours recently in the evenings doing historical research. I am getting a bit more time to work on things like that now that I am not driving 70+ miles a day to Albany Med and back. Now I need to get at our income taxes. I have been putting that off!

     May you live in interesting times!

Comments

Popular Posts