Sunday - the Day of Rest!

On Sunday morning I got up fairly early. The previous afternoon  and evening, my nose had been running and I kept sneezing, but I took a dose of Nyquil (which I'm not supposed to take) and felt much better in the morning. I think the tile glue fumes from tiling the hall on Saturday affected me. I had breakfast, took Lucy and drove over to Bennington to see my wife in the rehabilitation facility. We stayed there about an hour and drove back home where I let the dog run a couple of minutes, put her back in, and went to church.

Pastor Jon preached on "Set Your House in Order", based on 2 Kings 20. I helped serve Communion, then drove back home, let Lucy the dog out for a bit again, and then made the hour drive to Clifton Park for our great-granddaughter's second birthday party.

It was a nice, sunny day. I stopped at the Blockhouse Park in Stillwater to take a few photos of the Hudson.


I got to the party about 15 minutes early, but there were few cars there. Turned out most who were coming had gotten sick! The flu is hitting hard now, and others have colds. I don't need either!!! One of the grandsons got sick on the way to the party and my youngest daughter and son-in-law just dropped off the oldest one with the gift and turned around and went home.

Of course, I took a number of photos of the g-granddaughter blowing out candles and opening gifts.



 This was a giant microphone she wanted me to sing into. If I had, everyone would have left!
My grandson and I left about 4 pm as I wanted to be home before dark. I dropped him off at his place and went home from there. Then I spent the evening processing photos and posting some on Facebook.

Seems like I was on the move all day! I went to bed early. 

Comments

Popular Posts