Howling Wind and White-outs

I came back over from Bennington after seeing my wife for a time, checked the mail, and as the sky was getting black I decided not to run to Brunswick today for an appraisal, but to get some power steering fluid and replace the hose in our Jeep. Lucy and I had barely started out when the snow hit. I had to crawl all the way to Cambridge, sometimes barely able to make out the road at all. Picked up the fluid and drove home in about the same conditions. Stopped to help a neighbor who had gone off the road, but two State policemen and myself couldn't push her back out. I didn't want to try to push her with the Jeep as the car was mostly plastic. She jokingly suggested hitching Lucy to the front! Rear wheel drive car, too. I didn't know they made them anymore! She decided to wait for AAA, though it would be an hour, so I gave her my phone number and told her to call me if she needed a ride home.

Started getting tools to replace the hose, but it was just too cold and the wind too high to get into it today, so I parked it by the shed with a heater under it hoping to be able to start it tomorrow morning, and came in for the night. It is not a night to be out, unless you have to be.

Comments

Popular Posts