Spring Blasts In!

Following day after day of cold and rain, the sun is out today and it is HOT! It is amazing how some sun can make the whole world look different.

Yesterday wasn't bad, but was cool. I worked on reviving my old Schwinn bike I purchased during the 70's gas shortage. Rode it about 20 miles a day for years back and forth to work, but I pushed too much and my knees gave out, so it has been sitting around collecting dust for years. The old tires were rotted, so I removed them and threw them out. I had to remove the wheels to do that, so cleaned and lubed the bearings on the front one, still have the back to do. Cleaned and lubed the chain. Still a lot to do. It needs tires, a new seat, and a good cleaning and waxing, plus cleaning and lubing all the other bearings.

Today I got the camper out of storage and have begun getting that ready for summer.
The lawn has sprung up overnight and will need mowing soon. My brand new mower I bought (that the crankcase cracked on) is still under claim for warranty, so I got the old one started (I started right up after sitting in a snowdrift all winter!). Hate using it as the deck is cracked and too flexible, so the blade hits when it twists.

A lot of the trees are budding out. Things are going to come quickly now warm weather has finally arrived.



Comments

Popular Posts