Getting Something Done!

It is 1:30 and pouring rain. I walked Lucy two miles just before lunch and we narrowly avoided getting wet!

This morning I spent most of the time straightening out and reconciling the checkbook, one of my least favorite jobs after doing income taxes.

Yesterday we skipped church as it was the only day our sons-in-law and our grandaughter's husband could come up and help us get the place ready for winter. We got a lot of repair work done - of course there is still some to do, but that was expected! Found a leak in the coal bin roof I have to fix quickly, and I need to put new supports under the oil tank.

Kathy wants to see Thor: Ragnarok, so I suppose I should take her this evening. I am exhausted by the time change - I wish they would do away with that. The cat and dog haven't changed their clocks and so I end up getting up to feed the cat at what she thinks is the usual time, even though the clock says it is 5 AM.

The car went through another wheel bearing, so I have to replace that soon also. That Ford Focus has gone through more wheel bearings in the last few years we have owned it than all the cars I have owned previously added together (my first car was a 1949 Pontiac). Lord willing, I will never get another car with press-in wheel bearings.

Tomorrow I have a meeting on securing and inventorying the Town Archives.

Comments

Popular Posts