A Busy Day

As the schools are having one half-day after another for parent conferences, etc., we have to take the grandson in to preschool and then pick him up again only a few hours later!  Then watch him until 4 PM.

In the time I had free, I worked on researching the R.R. Marshall Carriage works that existed in White Creek from 1867 into the early 1900's. Few have ever heard of them, but they produced 500 units a year and hired up to 25 men. I am also researching John and Isaac Wood, early settlers, but didn't work on that today.

When not doing that, I jacked up the car and prepared to change yet another wheel bearing. Didn't get much done on that. I also trimmed back the syringa bushes and another bush of Kathy's I forget the name of. Walked Lucy about a half-mile.

Tonight I have to attend a Church Board meeting (I am the secretary). Tomorrow night is the Town Board meeting (I am the historian and archivist). Thursday night is Prayer Meeting.

Like my Dad used to tell my older brother when he left him in charge of the farm and gave him three days worth of work to do in a day: "If you finish before noon, you can go swimming"! Maybe I should go deer hunting and forget the rat race!

Comments

Popular Posts