Heavy rain this morning, the remnants of the last hurricane to hit the USA. I am sitting inside grateful we returned from our camping trip to Jamaica State Park, Vermont a day early and were able to NOT have to pack up in the pouring rain.

We left on Saturday. It wasn't raining here but poured rain all the way from Bennington to the top of the mountain in Winhall, but then tapered off again and the State Park had only had a sprinkle! We got set up quickly, so were able to do some hiking and enjoy a campfire on Saturday. Sunday morning it started raining about 3:30 AM and was raining hard by breakfast time. I cooked outside but we managed to stay reasonable dry under the camper awning. By noon it was clearing off, but the weather report was for the same sort of thing today so we decided to go home in the afternoon.

My grandson and I went hiking again. The trail was endless puddles and we had it to ourselves except for a few fishermen. I took a lot of photographs. Then we ate lunch and started packing up. Everything was still damp. We had an uneventful trip home.

I love camping in the Autumn, but not with two grandkids in the rain!!!

Comments

Popular Posts